Your kitten is not reserved until the kitten application is approved, the contract below is signed and returned to us, and a deposit is received.
We reserve the right to deny any application for any reason whatsoever.
Pet Kitten Contract
By signing this contract, the Buyer is agreeing to all the terms therein and is legally obligated to uphold these terms. Buyer is agreeing to pay fines, cover mediation costs, or cover costs not limited to all lawyers’ expenses, gas fees, lodging for offsite hearings, and any subsequent related costs accrued by the Breeder should violation of contract occur.
1. A non-refundable holding0fee of 50% of the purchase price is required to reserve through our secure check out process. Should the Buyer decide not to purchase the kitten listed in this contract, the deposit is either forfeited or can be used
toward a different kitten, either in current litter (if available) or future litters on a first-come-first-served
basis. Payment in full is due upon receipt of kitten at in-person pick-up or seven days before transport. We accept cash, credit card, Zelle, Bitcoin, Paypal, or Venmo. Buyer is responsible for all transport costs, including payment in full. A health-certificate (required by most transport providers and for legally crossing state lines) is included in the purchase price of each kitten. All fees are due 7 days prior to transport so that we can coordinate shipping and vet visits. Should the Breeder cancel the sale, the deposit will be transferred to a new kitten of choice.
2. All of our kittens are registrable with limited (pet) registration through "The International Cat Association" (TICA) OR "The Cat Fancier's Association" (CFA). They will have received age-appropriate vaccines and deworming. We encourage all Buyers to research vaccines, ingredients and the benefit/risk ratio. On the extremely rare chance your kitten/cat contracts one of these illnesses OR were to become
ill from the vaccine itself, the Breeder is not liable.
3. Breeder is not liable or responsible for the welfare of the kitten after it leaves our hands. Whether that is by direct hand-off, courier, or shipping of any kind. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to have the animal insured appropriately. All claims should be filed with the appropriate parties. Breeder is not liable if the kitten is lost, stolen, injured, killed or adversely impacted while in transit.
4. Maine Coons: We cannot guarantee size based on many factors outside our control e.g. genetics, spay/neuter, nutrition, and other possible environmental factors. Averages for Male Maine Coons are 14-20 pounds. Average size for female Maine Coons is 8-12 pounds. Maine Coons grow for 3+ years and full coat is not reached until approximately 5 years of age. Based on the above factors, we are not liable for cats that do not reach the buyer’s standard for size and coat length. It is possible that some cats will fall on the lower end of the range.
5. The Buyer agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comf ortable environment, prompt medical
attention, proper diet, proper housing, and responsible care.
6. No part of any correspondence may be copied, forwarded, or shared by the Buyer. This includes but is not limited to phone calls, voice mails, text, email, private message, any social media contact, posts, comments and discussions. Any discussion of Breeder that could be deemed slander, libel, or otherwise
damaging to Breeder may result in litigation and restitution.
7. We do not recommend the declawing of any kitten/cat that comes from our cattery.
8. If at any time the Buyer can no longer take care of the kitten/cat, the Breeder agrees to accept the
kitten/cat back. There will be no refund of the purchase price.
9. The Breeder guarantees that the kitten/cat is healthy to the best of his/her knowledge at the time the Buyer takes ownership of the kitten. Breeder cannot be held accountable for any medical bills. Breeder is not responsible for FeLV, FIV, FIP or any other bacterial and viral infections, infectious diseases, parasites or fungus due to the fact that these can be contracted anywhere in the environment after leaving the cattery. A 30-day health-insurance policy is provided with each kitten. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to activate and maintain health insurance on the kitten after it goes home.
10. Breeder STRONGLY recommends a quarantine period of at least 2-weeks if the kitten is brought into a home where other cats are present. Breeder cannot be held responsible for any illnesses the kitten or other cats contract due to the quarantine-period not having been observed.
11. The cat has a two-year guarantee (from the date of birth) against genetic defects which results in the loss of life, the Breeder will replace the kitten after the Breeder receives proof of defect from a licensed veterinary specialist or necropsy. All cats will be replaced with another kitten of like kind and quality. There will be no cash refunds under any circumstances, except at the Breeder’s discretion if he/she opts to refund the purchase price rather than replace the cat.
12. This contract is legally binding to all parties involved. This sales agreement is non-transferable to other parties. Any changes, additions or omissions to this contract must be agreed upon in writing and dated and dated by all parties.
Breach of this agreement will result in cancellation of any warranties, or guarantees of this kitten. The Breeder’s maximum liability to the Buyer for any and all losses, claims, damages or liability of any kind shall be limited to the amount paid by the Buyer to the Breeder under this agreement. Any lawsuits
pertaining to this agreement will be handled in Chambers County within the state of Alabama.